Encinitas, or “Live Oaks” in Spanish, encompasses six miles of the Pacific Ocean coastline. Pure shores, clear waters, and the rolling hills of Black Mountain Open Space Park captivate those who want to live in the midst of unspoiled beauty. Charming sidewalk cafes and old-school record stores only add to its allure.
Named one of the 20 Best Surf Towns by National Geographic, Encinitas has plenty to offer surfers, hippies, and anyone who wants a piece of paradise.
Located 25 freeway miles north of downtown San Diego, the city is accessible via Interstate 5.
The housing stock is made up of single-family homes, mobile homes, townhomes, and condos. You can expect to find some of the finest ocean view properties in Southern California here, with many homes perched on hillsides overlooking the Pacific.
Luxury homes with open floor plans, panoramic glass walls, and outdoor pools are not uncommon. There’s also an array of architectural styles to choose from, including Ranch and Contemporary.
The city is comprised of five subdivisions, each with its own character:
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea. South of downtown Encinitas, this sought-after community is filled with hillside homes that command fantastic views of the ocean.
- Leucadia. Streets lined with lush eucalyptus trees, cozy cottages, and splendid homes with ocean views set this community apart from the rest.
- Olivehain. Located west of El Camino Real, this community has a distinct rural flavor, with its pastures and open horse country. Magnificent homes on oversized lots dot the hillside.
- Old Encinitas. Greenhouses and fields filled with poinsettias and orchids can be found here, along with shops, cafes, and historic architecture.
- New Encinitas. This community has a suburban feel, with high-end homes, a well-regarded golf course, and a sprawling shopping center.
If you think Encinitas should be your next home, call me, Robert “RC” Welles, at (619) 985-5443, or send an email to email@example.com. You can count on my years of experience as a general contractor and real estate professional to provide you with expert advice and excellent service.
Attractions and amenities
- Swami’s State Beach. Bring out your surf board and ride the waves in this renowned beach, or watch some topnotch surfing from the park on the bluff. Go for a refreshing swim, have a picnic, or watch the sun set.
- Moonlight State Beach. Have a picnic in this wide and flat beach, or enjoy a friendly match at the volleyball and tennis courts. Fire rings are available for bonfires and barbecues.
- San Diego Botanic Garden. Admire over 4,000 plant species in the San Diego Botanic Garden, as well as exhibits featuring a tropical rainforest, desert landscape, subtropical fruit garden, and a vast collection of rare bamboo groves.
- Self-Realization Center. Meditation gardens, koi ponds, and sweeping views of Swami’s Beach will put you in a reflective mood at the center’s grounds.
- La Paloma Theatre. One of the first theatres to show talkies or films with soundtracks, La Paloma’s Spanish Colonial Revival architecture is a sight to behold. Come here to watch concerts, piano recitals, plays, and independent films.
- Downtown Encinitas. Comprised of an eclectic mix of shops along Highway 101, this retail hotspot offers a wide selection of clothing, furniture, artworks, antiques, and various handmade goods.