At about 1,200 acres, Fairbanks Ranch has all the requisites of upscale living. Lincolns and Jaguars glide down tree-lined boulevards, while guards and patrols keep watch 24/7. Palatial homes, fine amenities, and stunning views of rolling hills and the San Dieguito riverbed add the finishing touches to this sought-after community.
It’s no surprise that a number of high-profile individuals call this place home, along with a number of affluent and accomplished residents who treasure their privacy.
This gated community lies south of the San Dieguito River Valley. It was named for the late actor Douglas Fairbanks, who first purchased the area in the early 1900s.
Fairbanks Ranch Real estate
Fairbanks Ranch is comprised of over 600 single-family homes distributed between two gated enclaves. The housing stock is a mix of older homes built in the early 1980s and new construction homes. Home sizes range from 4,000 to 16,000 feet, with average lot sizes of approximately 1.2 acres.
Here you’ll find custom estates designed to look like Mediterranean haciendas and French chateaus. An architectural committee provides feedback on home and landscape designs to preserve the community’s character.
Despite their old world charm, these homes are decidedly modern, with features like chef’s kitchens, private theaters, wine cellars, and outdoor pools.
The homes in this prestigious community are some of the most valuable in the country. If you’re interested in Fairbanks Ranch real estate, call me, Robert “RC” Welles, at (619) 985-5443, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can count on my years of experience as a general contractor and real estate professional to provide you with expert advice and excellent service.
Attractions and amenities
Residents lead active lifestyles and have plenty of opportunities to socialize at Fairbanks Ranch. Shared amenities include:
- Fairbanks Ranch Country Club. The country club boasts a well-regarded nine-hole golf course with panoramic views and pristine fairways. A number of tennis, fitness, and family activities take place here throughout the year, along with food and wine-tasting events.
- Lakes. There are two artificial lakes in the community, one measuring 9.5 acres and another about half that size. These glimmering bodies of water are fed by wells, and are ideal for boating and fishing. They also contain bird sanctuary islands where you’ll find swans.
- Green spaces. Residents have access to 75 acres of lush greenery and open spaces. Go for a leisurely stroll and admire the scenery on a quiet afternoon.
- Equestrian Center. At 10 acres, the center features scenic riding trails and hosts equestrian events. Classes are also offered.
- Trails. Locals enjoy the neighborhood’s walking and hiking trails. A sparkling stream winds along the fitness course, making morning jogs more pleasurable.
The Fairbanks Village Plaza, a 58,000-square-foot commercial center, is filled with trees, potted plants, and outdoor tables, while a water fountain serves as its centerpiece. A couple of restaurants can be found here, including:
- 067 Eatery. Get your caffeine fix via a cup of strong Italian coffee. The restaurant offers a wide selection of sandwiches and salads and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The Ranch Deli. The menu consists of pizza, pasta, salads, and an assortment of sandwiches. The deli also sells liquor, cigars, and sundries.