Affectionately called “The Ranch” or “Rancho” by locals, this rustic and affluent community north of San Diego draws you in with its warmth, understated elegance, and scenic beauty. Rolling hills, lush eucalyptus trees, and expansive orchards form its unique landscape.
Residents have a great appreciation for agriculture and the great outdoors, and the low population density allows for privacy and solitude. The community encompasses roughly 10 square miles and is home to over 4,000 full-time residents.
Rancho Santa Fe is a 30-minute drive from downtown San Diego and is located about 4 miles away from the coast.
Rancho Sante Fe Real estate
The Ranch is one of the most exclusive and sought-after areas in California. Land area is limited to around 6,700 acres but residential lots are usually large, measuring between 1 and 3 acres. The housing stock is comprised mostly of single-family homes and condos. Vacant lots are also available.
Luxury homes and private estates are plentiful, some of which offer golf course views. Private patios, walk-in closets, outdoor pools, and exquisite landscaping are common features.
A number of well-heeled neighborhoods can be found here, including the highly regarded Del Mar Country Club. Nestled in a peaceful valley, this master-planned community has about 96 custom home sites with views of pristine greens and fairways, as well as the back country and the ocean.
These home sites surround the country club’s crowning jewel – a 50,000-square-foot clubhouse and the accompanying 18-hole golf course designed by Joseph Lee.
If you think Rancho Santa Fe is for you, call me, Robert “RC” Welles, at (619) 985-5443, or send an email to email@example.com. You can count on my years of experience as a general contractor and real estate professional to provide you with expert advice and excellent service.
Attractions and amenities
Rancho Santa Fe’s year-round temperate climate lets residents spend a lot of time outdoors. Here are some places to check out:
- Richardson Field. The sight of mature trees and open fields will put you in a relaxed state. Go for a walk, admire the scenery, or have a nice picnic with friends and family in this quiet park.
- Rancho Santa Fe Sports Field. This sports field serves as a training ground for the local Youth Soccer Team. It comes with all the requisites of a practice facility, such as goals, soccer flags, benches, soccer balls, and clean restrooms and lockers.
- Del Mar Country Club. Hailed as the “Best Private Course” by Ranch & Coast Magazine, the facility promises members and their guests an exhilarating round of golf. The championship golf course is a sight to behold, winding through glimmering lakes, bubbling streams, and cascading falls.
- Rancho Santa Fe Golf Club. The 18-hole, par-72 golf course designed by Max Behr has a classic layout that blends with the land’s natural contours.
There are a handful of eateries at Fairbanks Village Plaza, the community’s commercial center. Restaurants serving French, Italian, and American cuisine can be found elsewhere in the community:
- 067 Bistro. This cozy neighborhood restaurant serves amazing Italian coffee along with hearty breakfast plates and salads. Other menu items include chicken verde, tacos, and meatloaf with mashed potato.
- Mille Fleurs. Angus beef filet with blue cheese and olive- crusted sea bass are just some of the offerings in this upscale restaurant.
- Dolce Pane E Vino. Feast on roasted quail, cedar salmon, and Maine lobster with sliced beet. The elegant atmosphere is perfect for wedding anniversaries and family dinners.